Is a Renter’s Insurance Policy Needed in Centennial, Colorado if My Landlord Carries Insurance?

Whether your landlord carries insurance on your rental unit does not affect your need for coverage. When people rent out homes or apartments, they must keep insurance on the building and the property. They do not carry insurance on personal belongings of their tenants. A renter’s insurance policy is necessary to protect your electronics, furniture, clothing and other items.

Centennial, Colorado is a beautiful town and people choose to live there because of the friendly atmosphere. If you have rented an apartment, you need to contact an insurance agent to make sure your belongings are protected in case of fire, flood or even theft. The last thing you want is to lose all of your expensive belongings and not be able to replace them quickly. If you work from your home, you may not be able to wait weeks or months to replace your items. Although the building will be replaced or repaired with landlord insurance, you will need to file a separate claim in Centennial, CO.

Even if you cannot afford a large renter’s insurance policy, you can easily insure your most important items with replacement cost coverage. You can save a little money by purchasing a cash value policy, but you may not be happy with the protection. Another way to save money is to combine your car and renter’s insurance with the same company. You may even want to ask where your landlord insurance policy is from. The more information you have, the better the decision you can make.

If you are a victim of fire or theft, you will be glad your possessions are insured and you can get your life back on track quickly. Talk to an independent insurance agent who will help you compare multiple quotes from reputable companies.