As your local Colorado insurance agents, the team at Compass Insurance knows the importance of keeping your home looking its best year round. With the help of our easy-to-follow home cleaning hacks and affordable home insurance coverage, it’s easy to make sure your home is a comfortable and safe place for your family to enjoy for generations to come.
Top 5 Must-Try Home Cleaning Hacks
1. Play-Doh Saves the Day! If you have children you know that spilled glitter is almost impossible to clean up. Luckily, with the help of a bit of play-doh you can easily pick up loose glitter from any surface in just minutes.
2. Clean water deposits from your shower head with the help of vinegar, a plastic sandwich bag, and a rubber band. Pour enough white vinegar into the sandwich bag to cover the surface of the shower head and secure with a rubber band. Leave over night and watch those water deposits vanish.
3. Clean microfiber couches quickly and easily by using rubbing alcohol and a clean white sponge. Use a spray bottle to evenly distribute the alcohol and wipe away dirt with the fresh sponge. Once dry, fluff fibers with a hard bristle brush and your couch will look as good as new.
4. Remove bathtub rings with halved grapefruit and Kosher salt. Simply lay down a layer of salt over the rings and vigorously rub the grapefruit, cut side down into the salt to clean away dirt and grime.
5. Slow draining sinks and bathtubs can be fixed quickly by using alka-seltzer tablets. Drop 4 tablets down the drain followed by 1 cup of distilled vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes and rise with boiling water. Voila, your sink drains like new!
Be sure that your home is secure with the best homeowners’ insurance policy available for you. Call us today at Compass Insurance to learn more!