Grilling out doors in the summer is a popular activity in all around the country, especially in Centennial, CO. If you enjoy firing up the grill, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has some food and grilling tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Keep Cold Food Cold – It starts at the grocery store. Buy your meats last when shopping and make sure you keep them cold until they are ready to cook. The same holds true for Mayonnaise-based foods and salads.
- Keep Everything Clean – Keep your grill and counter surfaces clean. Pay particular attention when working with pork and chicken.
- Keep Cooked Foods Hot – Make sure hot meats cooked on the grill are served quickly, while the temperature of the food is still 140 degrees or higher.
- Don’t Grill in Enclosed Places – Make sure you have plenty of ventilation when using a grill and never grill indoors.
- Use Proper Utensils – Flame flare ups can cause burns quickly. Use long handled utensils designed specifically for grilling. Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Never Partially Cook Meats for Later – Partially cooked meats and poultry can be susceptible to bacteria. Cook what you started thoroughly.
Keep your family safe this summer by following these simple grill tips. Keep your home protected by getting a homeowners’ insurance review. If you live in Colorado, Compass Insurance Group can help. We are an independent agency serving the Centennial, Colorado area. As such, we can compare rates of multiple providers. This helps ensure a price and coverage you will appreciate. If you like, get a comparative quote online. By answering a few simple questions, we will get to work getting you a quote. Enjoy your summer safely and with the homeowners insurance you deserve. Contact Compass Insurance Group today.