We all know that auto insurance is mandatory, but do you think that it is really necessary? Nearly 1 in 8 drivers skip it altogether, and unfortunately for those people, the perks of having insurance that is reliable only reveal themselves when you really need them. If you happen to be fence sitting, you have come to the right place to find out how auto insurance can protect your car, wallet and even livelihood.
Pay Now Save Later
Yearly in the US, there are nearly 6 million vehicle accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Now, consider a world in which auto insurance didn’t exist. Every time you go out for a drive, you would be risking your bank account as well as your assets.
Accidents are more than simply inconveniences. In 2013, the average damage to property resulting from car accidents was $9,300. This figure doesn’t include injuries either. When you factor those in, the cost jumps to a crippling $80,700.
Auto insurance policies keep your finances protected from those expenses. Along with assisting with the costs arising from an accident, your insurance carrier can also protect you from liability lawsuits if you have liability coverage. Policies that include this coverage and have high limits along with collision and comprehensive coverage, as well as medical coverage, can end up saving you thousands of dollars in the event that you are in an accident.
If you happen to be in Centennial, CO, call or drop by Compass Insurance to see if you have the coverage that you need. We can make sure that you not only meet the state minimum requirements but that you also hae all of the coverage that you need when you really need it. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO wants to make sure you and your family have a safe boating experience this summer.
Here are the tips from Compass Insurance to get your boat ready for the summer boating season:
- Change coolant as necessary – have extra coolant onboard.
- Change/fill gear lube.
- Check all electronics.
- Check all lighting fixtures.
- Check and clean backfire flame arrestor.
- Check and clean water strainer.
- Check and replace any zinc metal that is damaged.
- Check and replace wiper blades.
- Check bailer and hand pump.
- Check batteries.
- Check belts.
- Check bilge blower
- Check charts and replace or add more as necessary
- Check cleats and chain plates.
- Check compass.
- Check dinghy and life raft if you have one.
- Check fenders, ground tackle, and lines.
- Check fire extinguishers.
- Check first aid supplies.
- Check for hull abrasions, blisters, scratches, gouges, and repair or refinish as necessary.
- Check for leaks.
- Check hoses and bilge pumps.
- Check impeller.
- Check navigation lights.
- Check radar reflector.
- Check rudder and fittings.
- Check shaft, cutlass bearing, strut, and prop.
- Check stanchion, pulpits, and lifelines for integrity.
- Check transmission fluid.
- Check water system and pump for leaks and proper operation.
- Checked for smooth operation of engine parts – lubricate and clean as necessary.
- Clean all canvas.
- Clean interior bilges.
- Clean stove, check that all burners and oven are working.
- Clear all drains.
- Drain and replace oil.
- Flush water tank.
- Grease winches.
- Inspect anchor windlass and lubricate.
- Inspect and test trim tabs.
- Inspect fuel lines, primer bulb, and gas tank for leaks.
- Inspect life vests.
- Lubricate and spray moveable parts.
- Lubricate blocks, pad eyes, and everything else that needs it.
- Maintain rub rails.
- Make sure registration is current and you have adequate insurance (see insurance agent at Compass Insurance).
- Make sure to have spare parts and tools.
- Polish windows and clean hatches.
- Repair/Replace swim platform and/or ladder.
- Replace fuel filter – have a spare onboard.
- Replace oil and filters – have spares for both onboard.
- Replace spark plugs in motor.
- Wax the boat.
Contact Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO to make sure you have adequate boat insurance.