What is Toy Insurance?

Adults have toys too, though they may vary greatly from children’s toys when it comes to function and size. Machinery and vehicles like motorcycles, snowmobiles, boats, classic cars, ATVs, RVs, etc. may be classified as "toys" instead of regular vehicles, though that doesn’t mean they should not be protected in the traditional sense. 

We’re talking, of course, about toy insurance. If you live in the Centennial, CO area. Compass Insurance is here to help you and your toys get the coverage you need. After all, you’ll want to be able to play with them for a long time!

But what exactly defines "toy insurance"?

The Basics

Vehicles and craft machinery may qualify for toy insurance if they are used for strictly recreational use. This is especially true when they are not used for regular driving purposes and are subject to frequent off-road speeding and stunts. 

Toy insurance is like other forms of vehicle insurance in that it keeps both you and your "toy" covered in the event of an incident. 

Types of Coverage

Now, the exact kind of policy you need will depend on the toy vehicle itself and what kind of risks there are. For example, insurance coverage between an ATV and a speedboat are naturally going to have a lot of difference in the details. That said, the general areas of coverage are going to be the following:

Liability– Applies to bodily injury and property damage.

Comprehensive: Covers non-collision forms of damage, such as that from theft and vandalism or fire.

Collision: Covers damage caused by a collision or "accident".

Underinsured / Uninsured: Provides coverage in the event that the other party involved does not have adequate coverage. 

Taking the Next Step

Whether you’re ready to start exploring your toy insurance options or simply want to learn more, contact the experts at Compass Insurance today! Serving clients in the Centennial, CO area and beyond, we’re here to help!