Does Your Home Business Need Commercial Coverage?

If you recently started a home business, you may be wondering about insurance coverage. Commercial insurance isn’t only for traditional brick and mortar companies. Your home-based business can also benefit from what commercial policies that Compass Insurance has to offer. Here are a few ways you can protect your home business with commercial coverage.

Property Insurance

Commercial property insurance protects your business equipment such as computers, scanners, printers, phones, etc. This equipment isn’t covered under most home policies. If these items are stolen or damaged in a disaster, property coverage will compensate you for your loss. Property coverage also protects any business inventory you may be stored in your home or garage against damage or loss.

Liability Coverage

General liability protects your business assets by covering accidental injuries a customer may have while visiting your home for business purposes. If you’re sued for damages, liability covers your legal costs.

Business Interruption

If your Centennial, CO home business is disrupted due to disaster damage to your home, you could lose valuable revenue. Business interruption insurance helps cover your business losses while you’re shut down to keep you from going under.  This financial support could be instrumental in helping your business carry on.

Workers Comp

Colorado requires that all businesses with one or more full or part-time workers carry workers comp coverage. This insurance covers the medical costs of your employees’ work-related injuries so you don’t have to pay for these expenses out of your business assets.

Commercial Auto

If you use your personal vehicle for business purposes such as delivering goods to customers, you’ll need commercial auto coverage to protect you against accidents on the job.

To learn more about commercial insurance for your Centennial, CO home-based business, call or visit your Compass Insurance agent.