As a motorcycle owner in the Centennial, CO area, you know how thrilling riding on the open road can be, but staying safe is paramount. Here are some important tips from us at Compass Insurance for ensuring you stay safe when you hop on your bike:
- Wear the right gear – Wear a helmet that meets safety standards and wear bright colors so that other drivers can see you. Invest in leather protective gear, which will help absorb any shock should you have an accident.
- Check your bike – Make sure that all elements of your motorcycle are adequately maintained before hitting the road. This includes checking your brakes, tires, lights, and mirrors and having an engine tune-up if required.
- Follow the rules of the road – Obey speed limits and always look both ways when crossing intersections or merging onto highways. Be aware of other drivers who may not respect motorcycles and leave extra space around you at all times.
- Refrain from drinking – Alcohol impairs judgment and reaction time and makes it difficult to drive safely, regardless of the type of vehicle you are using. Do not drink before or during a ride; if necessary, arrange for a designated driver to get home safely afterward.
By following these simple tips for safe riding, your motorcycle experience should be an enjoyable one! For more safe riding tips, or if you want to explore a motorcycle insurance policy that will keep you covered in case of an accident, give Compass Insurance a call today. We proudly serve the Centennial, CO area and would be happy to help you find a policy that meets your needs and budget.
We take out insurance policies on many expensive purchases but often overlook recreational toys and outdoor motor vehicles. They play a crucial role in fun outdoor activities. Since people are accident-prone, they can get easily damaged, which is why a toy insurance policy can provide peace of mind, knowing your recreational toys are protected in case of damage or accidents.
Ensure Your Policy Covers Your Needs
When choosing a plan, there are a few things to consider, beginning with coverage limits. It would be best if you had a policy that covers all the toys you want to ensure and that the limit is enough to cover the cost of repairs and replacements. Not all policies are alike, and some might have a cap on the number of items you can insure, while others may limit the coverage.
Deductibles and exclusions are considered when deciding premiums, which can range dramatically in price. The deductible is how much you’ll be expected to pay out of pocket before insurance takes over the claim. A higher deductible lowers the monthly premium but means a claim will cost you more upfront. Exclusions are the things not covered. For example, some policies won’t cover toys used outdoors or exclude specific types of toys, such as trampolines.
Trust Compass Insurance Group
You don’t need to navigate the process alone. Compass Insurance Group in Centennial, CO, offers a broad range of insurance products. We aim to prioritize your needs and help you find the best policy.
Don’t wait to choose your toy insurance policy! Contact Compass Insurance Group in Centennial, CO, today at (303) 996-9000.
Operating your own business is not easy, and it is also expensive. One of the biggest expenses for any small business owner is commercial insurance. Therefore, many business owners decide to skip it and run their businesses without it. If you are one of them, you should be aware of the risks associated with operating a business without proper protection. Here is a list of them:
What Are The Risks Of Operating a Business Without Commercial Insurance?
The risks are the following:
- Business interruption. If something unexpected happens, such as a flood or fire, and your commercial property and possessions are damaged, you will have to cover the damages yourself. Without proper business insurance, you will be left with interrupted business interruptions and financial consequences.
- Loss of property. One of the main risks of operating a business without insurance is losing your commercial property. Anything can happen to your commercial building; without business insurance, you risk losing it forever.
- Not protecting your employees. Workers’ compensation is an integral part of any commercial insurance. It takes care of employees if an accident happens and they are injured at their workplace. If you skip commercial insurance, you leave your employees without protection.
Compass Insurance – Reliable Insurance Company Serving Clients In Centennial, CO
Are you a business owner operating your business in Centennial, CO, or any other nearby town in Colorado? Are you searching for a commercial insurance policy to protect your company, yourself, and your employees? Contact Compass insurance, a local company specializing in business insurance. We will help you find an insurance plan based on your insurance needs and budget. You are welcome to visit our office or give us a call.
If you are a boat owner, you must always stay aware of your safety responsibilities towards any guests on your boat, as well as for your own safety. Any good boat owner will have a properly packed first aid kit on hand for emergencies. At Compass Insurance, serving Centennial, CO, and the surrounding areas, we hope you never experience an emergency on your boat. Still, a properly put together first aid kit will be crucial if you do. Keep reading to learn about the items you need.
What Type of Kit Do You Need?
You should understand that different types of boats and excursions require various emergency supplies. Boats that will only go out for day excursions with a small group of people may not need extensive first-aid supplies. However, if you are taking groups on extensive excursions, you will need more supplies. If you want to be prepared for any emergency, you will need a fully stocked first aid kit.
First Aid Kit Essentials
Basic first aid kits often come with what you need for minimal injuries. When you are out on a boat, especially if you are fishing as well, injuries could get a little more involved. Here are some first-aid essentials that are good to have on your boat.
- Variety of bandages– Different types of injuries will need different types of bandages for proper coverage.
- Gauze– Gauze will be needed to hold smaller bandages tightly in place for injuries that are a bit more serious.
- Scissors– Scissors are needed to cut bandages, tape, or even clothing from a wound.
- Tweezers– Tweezers are needed to remove splinters and metal shards of metal.
- Syringe– Syringes are helpful to flush dirt from wounds or flush eyes.
- Saline solution– Thisforsflushing to flush wounds.
- Cold packs– This is needed to help swelling.
- Foil blankets– This can be a valuable tool if someone falls into cold water. This item can help to prevent shock or hypothermia.
- Gloves– These are necessary to reduce the chances of spreading germs or diseases when treating an injury.
- Burn cream– A boat has several hot surfaces that could result in burns on board.
- OTC medications– You should have a supply of OTC meds such as aspirin, Advil, allergy, motion sickness, and more.
- Alcohol wipes– These are needed for disinfecting.
- Antiseptic ointment or spray– This will be needed to clean wounds.
If you want to learn about boat insurance, please get in touch with us at Compass Insurance serving Centennial, CO, and the surrounding areas.
The long road trip is the quintessential American vacation, but what do you do when you have seen everything you want to see in the continental United States? That’s the time to see the sights of Canada and Mexico with the auto insurance you need from Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO.
Does Your Auto Insurance Cover You in Mexico?
Never drive across the border into Mexico, even for a day trip, without coverage for your car. If you are involved in a wreck in Mexico and don’t have insurance, you can be held in jail until a judge is satisfied that you will pay for any damage you are later found to have caused. You need to carry your policy with you when you are driving in Mexico!
Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO works with several companies that can provide coverage in Mexico. We can also write Mexico-specific coverage for motorcycles and RVs. You will only need this coverage while you are in Mexico.
Does Your Auto Insurance Cover You in Canada?
Driving into Canada is less complicated than driving into Mexico. Most of the time, the policy you get through Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO will automatically give you coverage in Canada. Remember to carry your insurance identification card when driving your car.
When traveling to Mexico or Canada, remember to go low-tech. It is always best to have hard copies of your proof of insurance rather than relying on an insurance app on your phone.
Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO has been in operation since 2002. Because we are an independent agency, we can find the insurance you need for the lowest possible premiums. Call us today at 303-996-9000!
In insurance, there is a rule of thumb called the 80/20 Rule. It is a way that insurers guide people on how much home insurance they need. If you haven’t heard of it, or if it confuses you, we at Compass Insurance in Centennial, CO are here to help. Give our office a call at 303-996-9000 today.
The 80/20 Rule
Most insurance companies want you to have at least 80% of your home’s replacement value insured. This is the 80/20 rule, and it is a standard belief that anything under this amount is under-insuring your home.
It works because if your home is insured for less than 80% of the replacement cost, your insurance will only cover up to that percentage and not the complete 80%. If you have 80%, the insurance company will fully cover the cost of the damage. However, inflation and capital improvements can alter the property’s value and affect the 80/20 rule.
Capital Improvements and Inflation
If you make improvements to your home, such as an addition that increases the home’s value, you will need to adjust the home insurance amount as well. Inflation is another way that the value of your home can creep up without you realizing it.
To offset any potential rise in home value that puts you at risk of being underinsured, have a home insurance representative review your coverage every so often. This can make a big difference and keep you adequately covered for potential loss.
If you need insurance help in Centennial, CO, our Compass Insurance office staff is here. We are insurance experts and can help you get what you need. Call 303-996-9000 today.
Toy insurance is an important investment for Centennial, CO residents who own recreational vehicles and other expensive toys. But the question remains—will one policy cover all your toys? Read on to learn more about toy insurance from Compass Insurance.
How Many Policies Do I Need?
The first step in determining whether you need separate policies for each of your toys is to assess the value of each one. If you own a single vehicle or toy that is valued at $20,000 or less, then it’s likely that a single policy can cover it. However, if you have several vehicles or toys worth more than $20,000 combined, you will likely need separate policies for each item.
This is because most policies will cap coverage at around $20,000 per item; anything over that amount would require additional coverage. Additionally, many policies limit the number of things they will cover—so if you have more than the maximum number of items listed on your policy (usually 3-5), multiple policies may be required to ensure complete coverage.
What Does Toy Insurance Cover?
Toy insurance covers many items, such as boats, RVs, snowmobiles, and ATVs. It also typically covers damage caused by theft, vandalism, or natural disasters such as floods and fires.
Whether you own just one toy or several high-value items, protecting them with proper insurance is essential for any Centennial, CO resident who wants peace of mind when enjoying their recreational activities. Contact Compass Insurance today for more details and to get the coverage you need to protect all your toys!
Owning a motorcycle can be a lot of fun if you are in the Centennial, CO area. When you have a motorcycle, you can cruise around the community and even take it to the local mountain ranges for a nice ride when the weather is clear. If you have this type of vehicle, it is imperative that you also get an insurance plan for it. There are various reasons why having a motorcycle plan is a good idea for owners in this area.
A reason that many people in this area of Colorado will want to have a motorcycle plan is so they can receive financial protection. Various financial risks come with operating a motorcycle, including causing damage in an accident or having your motorcycle stolen or damaged. These risks can be mitigated if you have a proper motorcycle policy that will provide liability support and protect the asset.
Comply with Requirements
Having a motorcycle plan to ensure you can comply with your requirements is also a good idea. When you are looking to get a motorcycle, various insurance obligations need to be met. This includes meeting minimum standards set by the state and getting coverage that meets requirements set by a lender. With a proper motorcycle plan, you will comply with these obligations and remain in good standing.
If you are going to purchase a motorcycle in Centennial, CO, it is important that you get the right insurance for it. The team with Compass Insurance can help with this. Compass Insurance will provide you with direct guidance that can be used to properly assess your situation and choose a plan that meets your needs.
Are you a business owner in Centennial, CO? Have you got your livelihood insured? If not, Compass Insurance can provide the protection you need.
But what is commercial insurance? Its coverage for corporations and businesses is designed to protect the business, its employees, and its ownership. This type of insurance comes in different configurations because of the many different needs of individual businesses.
There are many different types of commercial insurance. The most common are:
- Business interruption insurance
- You probably will lose revenue if your business operation is interrupted by a natural disaster, theft, or property damage. Business interruption protection covers events that may disrupt your earning ability. This coverage is ideal for all businesses as it is designed to return the business to its financial position before the loss.
- Commercial general liability insurance
- This coverage provides liability insurance for general business risks and should be the first type of coverage you should consider. It covers common threats such as property damage, medical payments, and bodily injury. You will be covered if your business is found to be responsible for a third-party injury or property damage.
- Cyber liability insurance
- You could face a lawsuit or lose revenue if you or a client is harmed by online activity. This coverage protects you from the four main types of risks depending on your scope of coverage: errors and omissions liability, media liability, network security liability, and privacy liability.
- Property insurance
- This provides coverage for your property and all the equipment. Tools, computers, desks, and other standard furnishings will be covered. It will also cover inventory.
Commercial insurance is necessary for all businesses, regardless of size. Let the insurance professionals at Compass Insurance answer any questions you may have or provide you with a quote. Contact our team today.
When it comes to boat insurance, there are a lot of factors to consider. How much coverage do you need? What type of policy is best for you? And how much will it cost?
These are all critical questions to answer before purchasing any boat insurance policy. And while the answers may vary from person to person, some general guidelines can help you get started.
What factors go into determining how much coverage you need?
Regarding boat insurance, several factors can influence how much coverage your policy should include. For example, the boat’s value is significant – but not the only consideration.
You may also want to consider the value of any additional items on your boat, such as equipment and gear. And you should also consider whether or not you have any additional liability coverage, such as personal watercraft insurance if you ride a jet ski or other type of PWC.
Similarly, the type of boat you own is another factor to consider when choosing how much coverage to purchase. For example, if you have a sailboat or power boat, the value of both will be important to consider when choosing your coverage limits.
And finally, your personal situation can also impact how much coverage you need. Are you? Do you have children? How old are they? Your answers to these questions may also influence how much coverage you need.
If you have questions about insuring your boat, give Compass Insurance a call today. We proudly serve the Centennial, CO area.